Acne Scar Laser Treatment
One way to deal with acne scar is to do laser treatments in skin clinics.
In this article we will find out more about fraxel re:store laser treatments for acne scars, surgical scars , age spots, sun spots and fine wrinkles.
Fraxel re:store is the original and most popular laser treatment from Fraxel: a California company with distributors around the globe.
Its advantage includes
– fine laser beams that can target problematic area more precisely
– small epidermal wound (due to fine laser beam), so the skin can recover in 24 hours and the risk of infection is reduced significantly
– it can speed up the process of acne scar removal. Usually it will take 4-6 months to subside acne scar naturally by our bodies.
– for very white or freckled, white, white to olive brown skin only. It is not suitable for dark skin type.
– It requires 3-5 treatments. It also requires one course of treatments every year to maintain its result if you use it for age spots and fine lines.
– social downtime is 2-4 days.
– More moisturizing and sun protection is required after the treatments.
– cost: expensive! £100 per treatment.
The technical part:
Both laser and LED have wavelengths. Fraxel re:store has dual wavelength selection: the 1550 nm Erbium fiber laser or the superficial 1927 nm Thulium fiber laser.
This entry was posted on Monday, April 19th, 2010 at 6:38 pm and is filed under About Acne. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.