Follow Us on Twitter
Acne Scar Laser Treatment
One way to deal with acne scar is to do laser treatments in skin clinics.
In this article we will find out more about fraxel re:store laser treatments for acne scars, surgical scars , age spots, sun spots and fine wrinkles.
Fraxel re:store is the original and most popular laser treatment from Fraxel: a California company with distributors around the globe.
Its advantage includes
- fine laser beams that can target problematic area more precisely
- small epidermal wound (due to fine laser beam), so the skin can recover in 24 hours and the risk of infection is reduced significantly
- it can speed up the process of acne scar removal. Usually it will take 4-6 months to subside acne scar naturally by our bodies.
- for very white or freckled, white, white to olive brown skin only. It is not suitable for dark skin type.
- It requires 3-5 treatments. It also requires one course of treatments every year to maintain its result if you use it for age spots and fine lines.
- social downtime is 2-4 days.
- More moisturizing and sun protection is required after the treatments.
- cost: expensive! £100 per treatment.
The technical part:
Both laser and LED have wavelengths. Fraxel re:store has dual wavelength selection: the 1550 nm Erbium fiber laser or the superficial 1927 nm Thulium fiber laser.